Friday, April 01, 2011

Financial Planning Procrastination

Dear Friends and Family,

Well. You can either have the discipline to do it yourself or you can pay someone to do it for you. I'm convinced we're not doing a good job of it ourselves, but Mr. mouse is reluctant to outsource it.

So, each month, I put aside money to invest for retirement. And, each month, the bulk of it sits there in cash. We need to find the time to sit down and discuss how to invest the money so that it's growing for retirement. Cash sitting there earning nominal bank interest isn't going to get us there.

I know. I shouldn't complain. Most people have enough problems with step 1, putting the money aside. But, here, time IS money. Delaying this part of it only delays retirement, in a very real way.

So, next week we've got plans. The week after, we're sitting down to do this right. Or, at least I tell myself that.

Perhaps the right answer is to let someone else do this for us.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: