Monday, December 07, 2015

12:07:15: Monday Morning

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Monday and it's foggy out. There's a bunch of stuff I should probably work on getting done today, but I think I'll start with writing.

Friday ballooned into a long evening. It started with a phone call to schedule a doctor's appointment that grew into a visit to the immediate care unit that ballooned into a visit to the emergency room that almost exploded into getting admitted for observation. Fortunately, the emergency room doctor gave me to choice of going home for the evening if I promised to call my primary care physician first thing Monday morning.

I felt okay. The test results were all normal. And, I didn't want a hospital stay on my record unless it was for something I really couldn't get out of, so we opted to go home for the evening. Now, I'm on hold with my doctor's office because the first available appointment is for 12/17 which isn't what the emergency room doctor had in mind when she sent me home.

Saturday, I went to a funeral. I'm not going to lie. It sucked. It was for a friend who passed away unexpectedly. He was Mr. mouse's age. This is the third time I've had to say good-bye to someone I considered an age peer. It sucks. The first time sucked the most.

Saturday evening, we tried to get into the Christmas spirit. We bought our tree. We put up our lights. We went to bed exhausted.

Sunday, we finished the tree. Mr. mouse took P grocery shopping. We went to see the Nutcracker. We went to bed on time.

Today, I'd like to get through a pile of papers that has been building up. I need to continue to make progress on the living room. There's Christmas cards and our party invite that both need to get sent off. I should shower and get ready for the day.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: