Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Wednesday and the snow has stopped and I am sitting in my living room wondering where I should begin.

I'll begin by talking about why I'm sitting in my living room. I noticed this year that I was spending almost my entire day sitting at my kitchen island at my computer. I also noticed that the best room in the house from a lighting perspective is the living room. It has a large window that faces south and because we live on a corner light from the east also streams in through the window. I love natural light from the south and from the east. It's my favorite light. The kitchen, on the other hand has a small window that faces north and four very bright LED lights. The LED lights help, but it's not the same as sunlight.

But, the living room was and to a degree still is just a nightmare. Mr. mouse has been helping clear out the clutter and it's now manageable enough that I don't get depressed sitting in my living room. There's still work to be done and I've made it a point to try and do one thing every day to continue the progress. My first goal is to tackle all of the stuff on the floor. There's still a bunch of stuff on the floor for me to tackle so I'm going to try and not get ahead of myself and think of what to tackle when the floor is clear. I'll just consider it a major accomplishment to get the floor clear.

I could try and catch up on what I've been doing the past month. I could try and explain why I've been a hot mess. But, I won't. I'm going to try and get back in the routine of writing because I think it helps me keep perspective. But, I'm not going to feel overwhelmed by the past and all of the stuff I didn't cover. Instead, I'm going to end now and sit in my living room and think.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: