Sunday, December 23, 2012

Goal: 52 Things Will Leave the Mouse Pad Update

Dear Friends and Family,

I just dropped three books into the recycle bin. Three books so unworthy they didn't even make it into the donate pile. Junk fiction. I had forgotten I had even purchased them. Done.

And, that, my friends, brings me to 52. I did it!

Now to dwell on my thoughts.

Do I miss anything I got rid of? No. Did I need anything I got rid of? No. Does the mouse pad look any neater? A little. Does the mouse pad feel any better? A little.

Am I done? No. That was just the tip of the iceberg.

There's still plenty more that can leave the mouse pad. We have a pile of toys P picked to get rid of on the family room floor. These will go to either to family or Goodwill. But, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Today, I bask in the glory of 52 things that have left the mouse pad.

The final count?
  1. junk: 15
  2. useful, just not for us: 14
  3. toys: 11
  4. baby gear: 7
  5. odds and ends: 3
  6. books: 2
Now that we're done with the first 52. Guess what?

I am going to try and have 52 things meaningfully leave the mouse pad in 2013. What do I mean by meaningfully? No, it doesn't mean I'm giving away things loaded with meaning. It means it's purposeful decisions to remove something that has found a home in our home. In other words, clearing out old bananas doesn't count, they never found a home. Clearing out old toys counts since they would linger in the basement given no active actions on our parts.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: