Monday, April 27, 2015

04.26.15: Spring Has Sprung

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Monday morning. P is eating her breakfast of apples and yogurt. Mr. mouse is getting ready to shower. And, I am counting down the time until I can have my coffee. It's a typical morning in the mouse household. I've got 35 minutes to go which means I had my probiotics 10 minutes ago.

We had a good weekend this weekend. Saturday morning, we took care of all of our children. Yes, I know we only have one child. But, there are times when others need our parenting help. I would have liked to have gone out to brunch again, but I was still full from dinner the night before and the weather was gray, cold and raining. So, we had breakfast at home and it was just as good. We took P to see a play on Saturday with one of her close friends. Afterwards, we came home and the girls played while the parents decided to try and guess the first grade classrooms. Yep. That's what we do for fun. We try and guess classrooms for the fall. It's fun to speculate.

Sunday, I came downstairs at 6 o'clock to begin my day. Five minutes later I received a text from a friend who had just come into town. I picked him up from the train station. We went to church together and then came home. Mr. mouse cooked pancakes and sausages for everyone. I had fruit and almonds. Then, because the weather was nice, we went to see a baseball game. It was freezing in the shade, but once we moved to the sunny side of the stadium, it was warm and balmy and we had fun sitting and enjoying the game.

And, now it's Monday and we're all in weekday mindset. There's school and work and things to be done. Plus, it dawned on me on Saturday that P turns six in two weeks. We need to order her birthday presents. A six year old. How is it possible we'll have a six year old in the house?


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: