Monday, June 16, 2014

06.16.14: Water, Again

Dear Friends and Family,

The mouse pad has been one water intrusion nightmare after another. There's the deck door, the windows, the roof, the flashing, and now the basement. Saturday evening, Mr. mouse found water in the basement carpet so we spent all of yesterday going through the basement and throwing out things that got seeped in water.

To be honest, there's a piece of me that found it therapeutic. After all, it was much easier to convince Mr. mouse to let go of things that were water logged than it would have been if they were fine. There's still a ton of stuff to go through in the basement. I guess that'll be part of my week this week.

Saturday, we went to see a Lego convention. Then we went over to a friend's house for dinner. We sat in the park watching P run around and play frisbee with Mr. mouse. She had a big day, riding her bike, doing sheets, going to the convention, playing in the park. P slept well Saturday night.

Speaking of Saturday, when we went for the bike ride, there were spells when Mr. mouse let go of the balance bar and P was riding all by herself! Wow, our little girl is growing up so fast. On Sunday, she made a Lego fire truck and ambulance all by herself! Definitely growing up.

Now, it's Monday. And, it's my last "long" day for four weeks. Next week, P and I have off. And, the following week she starts a new camp that only runs half days. While my productivity will plummet, I'm looking forward to it. It's my time with P. It'll be great.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: