Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Motivated to Tackle the Basement

Dear Friends and Family,

I spent some time going through the basement yesterday. I'm not sure you can call it progress, but I guess it is. By definition, isn't anything progress, since sooner or later you would have had to do it anyway? It might not be efficient. It might not be a lot of progress, but by definition, isn't it progress? I hope it is.

I think most of the stuff that got water logged is now out of the basement. And, the area is drying up. We'll keep an eye on it for the week and see if any more water comes in this week when it rains.

I spent about an hour going through a bin of papers from our first house. I decided to keep about an inch of paper split, some from when we bought the place, some from work we did on the place, and some from when we sold the place. But, I did decide to recycle/shred about 6 inches of paper we don't need.

I think that's the key to making progress, moving things around. Honestly, it was tough to move things when the water came in. But, we didn't have a choice, we needed to clear the space to see what was going on. And, by moving it from its petrified pile, it became easier to tackle it and go through it and decide what to keep and what to toss. So, even if the immediate stuff is taken care of, I think I'll continue to work on the basement. Might as well keep momentum going.

It's got to be done sooner or later.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: