Thursday, July 03, 2014

Week 1 of 4 with P

Dear Friends and Family,

We're into the heart of summer vacation, the four weeks P has half-day camp. And, I have been enjoying a mix of frenetic activity in the morning with kid time in the afternoon.

Monday, we started on a silhouette project that went awry in March. We also spent some time completing our Brazil mystery kit.

Tuesday, we went to the park for a picnic and play time. We finished the silhouette when we got home.

Wednesday, we went out to the suburbs for lunch, mail and a car wash. We played school when we got home and spent most of our time talking about the human body and how the lungs work.

Thursday, we made mummies and started on a game of Life. Mr. mouse came home early so P went for a bike ride.

It has been a lot of fun. But, I'll admit it, part of the reason it is fun is that I know I only have a four week window of this and I still have time to myself in the morning and most evenings. If this was my full-time job, I'd go crazy.

It might be time for a new Top 3.

I've actually managed to wrangle my to do list down to five items for next week:
  • catch up on emails
  • download photos from Lego event
  • return books to P's friend
  • schedule eyebrow appointment
  • go through June art work
I don't think I've had a to do list that is this short in a LONG while. So, while it's not empty, I'll consider it at a happy spot.

Looking on my happiness map, I think I'll tackle only two.

Organizing House/Clean House: There are pockets of happiness. I'd like to extend that. My thing on this is that sometimes Mr. mouse helps. And, when he helps, he helps a lot. Sometimes I feel like I live with a Messie and could be featured on the next episode of Hoarders.

Time with Family: I'm doing this by default, since I have time with P for the next three weeks.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: