Friday, July 11, 2014

#momoftheyear Goes to the Zoo

Dear Friends and Family,

Yesterday, P and I went to the zoo. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, eating lunch together, seeing the bison, the African painted dogs, the giraffes, the rhinoceroses, the zebras, the polar bears, the gibbons and the gorillas. Oh my!

When we got home, P got to wear her Elsa dress and recital costume while we played school. She read me a book on how the heart works before we watched 30 minutes of Super Y so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

And, now, it's Friday. I've got $34 left for this week's budget. Then, next week we'll be playing catch up from this weekend. Hopefully we can catch a breather the following week.

Now, to talk about a sad moment this week. I missed P's first "ring dive" at swim class. It was a perfect moment. She was in a make-up class that was my side of the pool (her regular class is on the far side of the pool). She had her ring in hand. She tossed it. I had the video rolling. Then, they called the parents in for the last five minutes so that the parents are queued to take the kids when class ends. I was torn between going in and maybe missing it or maybe catching it without the glass between us and staying out and getting the video with the glass between us. I opted for the latter, but then all of the other parents went in and started walking between me and P. Then, I decided to try and go in because clearly it wasn't working from outside. And, by the time I got in, I missed it all. She was all smiles from the dive and the ribbon and I was happy for her but a little sad that in the flurry of parents moving around I didn't get to see the actual dive. #momoftheyear

Hopefully there'll be other opportunities to capture her ring dive.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: