Monday, July 21, 2014

07.21.14: Lake Swimming

Dear Friends and Family,

Saturday, we spent the day doing stuff with P. She had dance in the morning. Then, we ate lunch and headed out for passport applications. Then, we went to the mall to pick up swimsuits, but it looked like the tops didn't fit so we returned them. Afterwards, we went to the park and picked up acorns and played in the climbing structure and on the swings. P's gotten really good on the swings, which only serves as another reminder that I've got a big kid in the house. We came home to eat dinner because we're a little behind on our budget.

Sunday, we drove up to a friend's house for a birthday party on the lake. P spent the entire time in the water or on a float. I love spending time in the water, but by the time we were done, I felt a little water logged. It's been a long time since I spent a full day in deep fresh water. It might be high school. I can't recall. Anyway, she had a lot of fun and I had a lot of fun. And, she's forgiven me for letting her capsize at the end. She was on a float with a friend. I thought her friend's dad had them, he thought I had them, and just as we realized neither of us had them, they fell off their float. They both had on life vests so they were fine, but the shock of it all upset the two girls. Well, P's forgiven me.

Now, it's Monday. I've got one folder left to back up on to an external drive. Once that's done Mr. mouse can start modifying the external drive to meet his needs. And, once that's done, we can upload it into the cloud. I think. I'll have to give some more thought to the process later today.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: