Friday, July 25, 2014

P Still Needs Her Naps

Dear Friends and Family,

It was about 4:30 yesterday afternoon when P lost it. She gets stuck in what Mr. mouse and I call an endless loop. She gets fixated on doing something that she can't do. She loses all capability to take in additional information. And, then, she loses it.

Yesterday, she was at the park, and wanted to pretend swing Olaf in a swing. So, she was swinging an empty swing and it kept going sideways so she kept stopping it and restarting it. And, it kept going sideways. And, voila, endless loop. So, I made her leave the park. And, she wasn't listening, walking backwards, tripping, ignoring me, until I yelled at her. And, then she stopped to listen to me. She was headed right for a piece of broken glass on the sidewalk in sandals and realized that ignoring me is a bad idea. I hate yelling at her, but sometimes when she's in her loop, it's the only way for Mr. mouse or me to break through to get her out of it.

Talking about it this morning, we realize P still needs her naps.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: