Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Last Week of Half Day Camp

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Wednesday which means if I get through today the week is half over. I've got lots to do today and tomorrow. And, I've got a budget to watch. But, overall, I'm feeling good. I'm vaguely managing to stay on top of my to do list. I'm vaguely managing to stay on top of my budget. And, I'm vaguely making progress on the house.

It's not glamorous. But, for now, it's life as I know it.

P and I are going to pick up mail today. Then, she's going to a kid's indoor playground. She was willing to trade off lunch at her favorite restaurant for the playground so we'll be able to stay within budget. Then, we come home and pack dinner. We're off to the museum tonight.

What have I noticed from being on a budget for the past three weeks? Well, we eat out a lot less. I don't buy random things on-line. I spoil P less often with impulsive acts of whimsy. I'm more conscious about parking and buy the right amount. I buy less coffee and other drinks at Starbucks. And, I think that's about it. I'm sure there's other stuff. Mr. mouse packs lunch and hits the vending machine less often and spoils P less often with impulsive acts of whimsy.

Maybe the other thing is we defer purchases. We'll still buy things, but we space them out. I'm not sure how this saves money, but it does since the cash is deferred.

Oh, I just remembered. I fill up on gas less often. I find myself putting partial tanks in the car instead of full tanks. I can't wait until August when the budget resets for the new month. We're in a decent spot for the rest of July, but it'll be nice to have a fresh sheet.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: