Thursday, December 04, 2014

Frustrated P

Dear Friends and Family,

P needs to learn the butterfly kick to advance to the next level. That's the only thing she has left to learn. And, she wants to learn in. But, it's hard.

Mr. mouse tried to teach her something or other in her bath. I watched and it didn't look right. Then, at swim yesterday, P tried to do what Mr. mouse taught her. But, it wasn't right. Then, she tried to combine what Mr. mouse told her to do with what her teacher told her to do. And, of course, it wasn't possible and it still wasn't right.

And, that's when she lost it and began crying during her swimming lesson. I needed to go in and help her calm down. I wonder if this might be the time to plunk down $60 for a month of private swim lessons so she can learn this one kick and move on. In a normal 30 minute lesson there just isn't enough time to learn the kick since they only spend 5 minutes on it per week.

I just know she was really upset yesterday, both at herself and at Mr. mouse, but mostly at herself. And, I wish there was something I could do to help. At a minimum, I guess I'll tell Mr. mouse to step back and not confuse her.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: