Thursday, July 30, 2015

You've Lost that Hungry Feeling

Dear Friends and Family,

Last night, I was famished before dinner. I was truly hungry because of some choices I made earlier in the day. I was stressed in the morning so I grabbed a slice of pizza from the fridge. Then, after working frantically for an hour I got enough done that I joined my neighbors for brunch. But, since I had already had the pizza I didn't want to order food. But, since I felt I deserved a "reward" for getting my work done, I ordered a soy mocha. Well, that meant that by 11am, I was done with my breakfast and lunch points which theoretically is fine except a pizza and a soy mocha are not going to set you up for success.

Starved, I ate my strawberries and peaches for lunch instead of for breakfast. And, when P fell asleep, I decided to try and get a walk in. Since traffic was bad and I was smelly, I showered again before dinner and before you knew it it was 7:30 pm and we were just sitting down to dinner. I was H-U-N-G-R-Y. I ate the rest of my day's points and all of my activity points too.

But, in the process, I remembered something. I remembered what it feels like to be truly hungry. There's full. There's not full. There's hungry. And, there's truly hungry. I think my stomach is like a poorly trained dog that whines all of the time asking for a treat from the treat box. Really, I should only be eating when I'm truly hungry. And, when I eat I should be making smart choices.

I know now that before I started Weight Watchers (for the second time) I was eating whenever I was not full. And, I was making poor choices.

I feel like I relearned something yesterday that I had somehow forgotten.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: