Monday, September 28, 2015

09.28.15: Strip, Wash, Paint, Apply Second Coat

Dear Friends and Family,

Mr. mouse apologized on Saturday morning and it was enough to get us through the day. We had it out Saturday night and tried to make amends last night. I'm calm enough to go forward with whatever it is we have now. I feel like each time we fight something more dies in the relationship, but like a plant that limps along, I don't have the heart to throw it out until the last leaf has withered and fallen.

We used Saturday to take on a project we had delayed forever. We repainted the stairs in front of our house. This involved stripping off the old paint, cleaning the stairs, and then applying two coats of new paint. It looks amazing, like a giant multi-tiered chocolate cake. I can't wait for it to be fully dried/cured.

And, now it's Monday. I've got a pile of papers I need to get through.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: