Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Grateful List

Dear Friends and Family,

Sorry about the radio silence for the last couple of days. It feels like one long weekend with the holidays mixed in.

Time to reflect on what I'm grateful for... (in no particular order)

health and happiness of friends and family, a spouse who loves me and is supportive and nurturing and has faith and confidence in me, a job that I enjoy that keeps me mentally challenged and helps me contribute to my family's well being, a sister who understands me to my core and still loves me and helps to keep me sane, patience and openness that helps me cope and learn, and all the people who love P and make every day feel special

which brings me to, the thing I'm most grateful for this year, P

that the pregnancy went to term, that the delivery went well, that she was born in good health, that she continues to thrive, that we were able to figure out breastfeeding, that we got to spend the summer together, that work is so supportive of my need to balance work and motherhood, the moments Mr. mouse and P and I share together as a family watching her and playing with her, the utter joy and happiness in her eyes and smile when she sees either of us, the trust and peace in holding her when she sleeps, and even the sad moments when she needs Mr. mouse or me to do something for her.

Each moment feels so precious. I'm glad I waited until I did to have P. But, ultimately, I'm so glad I did decide to have her.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: