Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Counting Down to Catching Up

Dear Friends and Family,

Uncle. Okay. You, whoever you are, you win.

After months of breezily, blissfully enjoying P's first year, the rate of cumulative sleep deprivation has increased while the rate of change of babyhood has slowed and I have passed an inflection point where I'm looking forward to a future where I get more sleep vs. holding onto a present where I feel like a walking zombie.

June 20th. By my current count, June 20th is when I'll be done with my evening pumping sessions which sounds like heaven because here is my "current" typical day.

typical mouse weekday:
  • sleep: 4 hours
  • coffee, blog, morning time: 0.5 hour (down from 1)
  • feed P: 20 minutes (down from 30)
  • shower, personal prep time: 0.5 hours
  • morning bag shuffle: 20 minutes (up from 15 minutes)
  • commute: 1 hour 15 minutes (up from an hour)
  • daycare drop off: 5 minutes (down from 15 minutes)
  • work: 9.75 hours (down from 10)
  • day care pick up: 15 minutes (down from 30)
  • commute: 1.5 hours
  • feed P: 1 hour (up from 30 minutes)
  • down time, play time, dinner, Mr. mouse time: 0.5 hours (down from 1)
  • nap: 3 hours (up from 1.5 hours)
  • pump and miscellaneous house errands: 1 hour (up from 30 minutes)
I'm tired just writing about it. To think, there is a future where 7 hours of sleep beckons. Sheer bliss.

The commute's been killer the past week - a combination of getting a later start and summer construction and P not sleeping through the afternoon commute. June 20th. I can make it. After all what are my other options?


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: