Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mouse and Fantasy Football

Dear Friends and Family,

So, now, instead of spending P time at night putting together a strategy for my Fantasy Football team, I spent my morning time. Huh.

Unlike "normal" leagues, we're playing a Survivor style league. Each week we all play against each other. Then, the team with the lowest points gets eliminated and their players get re-drafted amongst the remaining teams with the second lowest team picking first. Therefore, it's in your best interest to be the second lowest team each week so you have first pick of the eliminated players, but then you run the risk of being eliminated. See why I'm hooked?

Mr. mouse says I'm like those Thai Scrabble players. I don't watch any of the games. I don't know any of the players. I'm not even sure I know what a running back does vs. a wide receiver. The names are deceptive - they both run after getting the ball from the quarterback so I have a 50-50 chance at getting that one right. I do know BYE weeks are bad since your players' teams aren't playing. Injuries bad. And, I need 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 K, and 1 DST to field an active team. See why this is hilarious?

Anyway. Off to get ready now. I'm #3 on the draft pick for the week so we'll see who I pick up. My goal was to make it through week 4 so one more week and I'll feel like I accomplished something.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: