Monday, October 10, 2011

10.10.11: Picnic in the Park

Dear Friends and Family,

You couldn't have asked for nicer fall weather. Actually, it was beautiful summer weather with fall colors for a backdrop. Too bad P had a giant bug bite on her eye. Or, maybe that was a good thing. We could enjoy the weekend without Mr. mouse badgering us to take fall photos.

Saturday, P asked if one of her friends was free. He was. And, we met up for a picnic. We ate. We picked crab apples. We blew bubbles. We threw balls. We watched a bird at a pond. We looked at cars. We ran into P's teacher. We lazed in the sun.

Sunday, P went for bagels with Mr. mouse. We went to the park. Then, P played at home while I had lunch with a friend. She went for a walk afterwards with Mr. mouse. And, after her nap, she ate dinner at the table before we all went out for a supermarket run.

And, that was our weekend. Simple. Fun. Nice.

I was talking with a girlfriend over lunch and it reminded me how important life is - how important happiness is. People make choices all of the time. And, there may be a point in the future when I regret the choices I have made. But, for now, I am happy with the choices I have made - balancing work and life so I have my free time, pursuing moderation so my wants do not exceed my means, maintaining simplicity so I can focus on what's important to me.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: