Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Laundry Therapy

Dear Friends and Family,

By the time I got home yesterday I was sick. And, one symptom of sick, for me, is cold - cold on the inside, cold on the outside, cold to the core.

Knowing I was sick, Mr. mouse sent me upstairs to rest. And, I lay in bed under a pile of blankets trying to warm up. And, I eventually did. And, I feel better now.

Now, why is it called laundry therapy? One of my exes was convinced you could stave off a bad cold by lying under a pile of freshly done laundry. And, instead of being sick for days on end, you'd be able to nip it in the bud. Well, I thought he was crazy at first until I tried it once and now I'm a believer.

It warms you up and it forces you to rest. And, while I now use extra blankets in lieu of laundry, I still practice it whenever something bad hits me.

Thanks, J, for the tip. I owe you much.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: