Friday, March 27, 2015

Day 5 of Spring Break

Dear Friends and Family,

It's Friday. P and I had the entire week off together and I had so much fun with her.

Monday, we went on a play date with a friend from summer camp. Then, we spent the afternoon building snowmen and attending dance class. P rated the day a 4.5. I think she really enjoyed her play date. She made a new friend there after her friend had to leave. And, she really enjoyed making the snow people. She named the original one Hailey. But, when we got home from dance, we found Hailey sprawled on the deck and broken into three balls. We used each to build a new snowman. She named them Emily, Despicable (because it only had one eye and looked like a minion) and Hailey. We built those snowmen on the ground so they wouldn't fall over.

Tuesday, we went to the museum and saw a movie and tried a mirror maze. Then, we came home and colored until Mr. mouse came home. P rated the day a 4.0 which made me a little sad. But, I enjoyed the day.

Wednesday, we went to the park and met up with a friend for another play date. It was cold, and P's hair was bothering her, and we cut the play date a little short when P told me she was done and wanted to go home. It turns out she bonked her head and her butt while playing and both were bothering her. She also got a cramp in her left foot so I think it was good we finished early. We came home, built a fort, watched Big Hero 6 and finished our art project from the day before. It was so fun watching Big Hero 6 together in the fort - except the part when P thought Baymax was dead. We had to pause the movie and she cried in my arms for a little bit before agreeing to go back to the movie. It's the first time I saw her cry over fictional character. She was so sad. It must have been a good day because P rated it a 5.0 in spite of the sad moment in the movie.

Thursday, we went to Mr. mouse's office for lunch. Then, we came home for 30 minutes before heading out to swim. After swim, we went to Home Depot and picked up some PVC pipe to make a new fort for P. It's almost like a canopy bed. I'm glad I got to use my engineering skills in designing it. Actually, anyone could have done it. I guess I used my engineering skills in looking at fort ideas and picking one that was easy and structurally sound. Yesterday was a 5.5 for P, mostly because she got to eat lunch with Mr. mouse.

And, now, today, the day of errands... Hopefully it's not too big a drag on P. But, stuff has to get done otherwise the house will begin to fall apart around us. And, I'm okay that she sees errands and understands they need to get done too.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: