Thursday, March 05, 2015

Home Again

Dear Friends and Family,

I'm home again. My flight out to the Emerald City was delayed enough to make my connection an adventure. But, I made it and I felt like a kid on holiday when I walked out of the airport. It was my first trip away from Mr. mouse and P since a business trip I took when P was a little over a year old. Yes, it had been that long.

We went for coffee and then for pizza and then for a long walk. Just walking in the sun watching the glimmers on the water was enough to make me feel like a new person. There's something about seeing water. It's soothes my soul.

We went for ice cream and then went home to see the kids. We made ribs for dinner. On a whim we made peach cobbler for dessert. While dinner was cooking, we took the kids to swim class. Then, before we knew it, it was time for bed.

Since I got up at 2 in the morning and it was close to midnight my time, I slept like a rock. Well, I did, but I didn't because I knew I had an early morning flight to catch and I didn't want to oversleep.

Wednesday morning, the alarm rang at 3:50 and I got ready in time to go the airport for a 6 AM flight home. But, the flight was full and instead I found myself with a bonus day with my friends. We bought bagels. We walked the kids to school. We explored the University campus to see what kids nowadays are doing in school. My flight got delayed. We went out for noodles and then I went to see my friend's office which has a great view of downtown. We went to the airport and found a spot at the club to sit and talk.

And, before I knew it, it was flight time. My friend got home before the traffic got horrendous and I lucked out and got a window seat with an empty middle seat. I watched some TV and ate a snack on the way home. Mr. mouse picked me up and P was asleep in the back with her furry crocs on her feet and socks on her hands.

When I saw her I realized I was home again and my trip was over. While it was therapeutic to spend the time away from home it was also nice to be home again.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: