Friday, March 13, 2015

Mouse Lake House Thoughts - Entryway

Dear Friends and Family,

I know I'm about 20 years late to the party, but in looking for inspiration for our front entryway, I found myself on a feng shui website. And, I was surprised (or not surprised) to learn that we're not far from where we need to be.

If I had the time and the inclination, I would:
  1. paint the entry way a more neutral color, something closer to taupe because I'm not a big fan of the clay orange the former owners used.
  2. replace the coat hooks with a simpler wood set of coat hooks. I liked the ones we have now when we put them up, but now I feel like they'd be better used in P's room to hang her stuff.
  3. lower the print we have on the wall. It's really too high up on the wall.
  4. add a focal point to anchor the table. It used to be bubbles because P likes to blow bubbles on the front steps, but I feel like I'd like something more decorative. If I were to go with the feng shui recommendations, it'd be something plantlike, but not necessarily alive - something with some green.
  5. replace the table with something a hair narrower so it sat fully behind the door instead of protruding an inch or so into the entryway.
  6. replace the front door with something a little nicer than the generic metal door that the builder put in. I'd love something that looked like wood.
There's my list.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: