Monday, October 12, 2009

10.12.09: Marathon Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

I couldn't have asked for a better weekend to recharge both physically and emotionally.

I took Friday off and flew home to see my grandmother. P stayed home with Mr. mouse. While it would have been nice to go as a group, this way I didn't have to worry about packing all of her gear, getting her on a plane, and then getting home on what promised to be a crazy Friday night. I went round and round before landing on this solution, and, in the end, it worked out perfectly for me.

Grandma was doing, well, not great, but better. They had her heart rate under control and her infection was doing better. But, she's still not eating. Honestly, I think it's only a matter of time. So, that makes it that much more important to enjoy the time we do have left with her.

Friday afternoon, I flew home. P was sleeping by the time I got home which made Friday her first 100% bottle fed day - she ate after I got on the plane and before I got home. My girl's growing up.

Saturday and Sunday, our Quebecois friends were in town for the marathon. We had brunch with Fred and Gen. Then, we stopped by a baby store to have a look see. We picked up a little something something for them since they're expecting in December. Then, they headed back to the hotel and we headed home. I spent the afternoon with P while Mr. mouse took Fred and Gen and Chantal and Eric to see the Frank Lloyd Wright houses.

We all converged on the mouse house for the traditional pasta dinner before everyone turned in for the night.

Sunday morning, Mr. mouse, Fred and Gen headed out as race support. It was Chantal's first marathon and Eric was attempting qualification for Beantown. In the end, they both accomplished their respective goals. P and I took the train out and met up with everyone for the champagne toast. Cheers!

It was nice spending the morning napping with P and playing with her. She's at a very cute age now. And, our P and Two Unicorns saga continues when we go out. Mr. mouse wonders what it'll be like when she regresses to the norm. I think he's being optimistic. She's going to be a head turner for awhile if she continues on her current trajectory.

P and I had more nap time in the afternoon while Mr. mouse ran errands. Then, the happy six plus one met up for dinner before we all turned in for the night. I'm looking forward to next year. We promised to make it a ritual. Eric laid down the gauntlet, he'll defer Beantown for a year (if he can) so that Gen can qualify - then they can run Beantown together.

Game on.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

sounds like a great weekend all around. glad you got back to see your grandma too - the p-free visit was probably just what you needed. cause i can just see you, one tiny little bag packed and thrown over you shoulder...like the good ol' travel days! ;)

headed to aus next weekend - looking soooo forward to that!

and then seeing p (oh, and you guys) the weekend after. YAY! xoxoxo