Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sick Day

Dear Friends and Family,

Pioneer and I took the day off yesterday. Neither of us was so sick we couldn't go in, but both of us were marginally enough sick to make the combined effort less motivating. It was nice to spend the day at home together - like when I was on leave, only with a good ankle and a lot more self confidence.

We slept in until 8AM. Then, P had her medicine and breakfast. We played until 9:30. Then, she napped until 11 while I showered and did my morning thing. She snacked, then I ate. I fed her about a quarter ounce of milk - half with a spoon, the rest through a nipple. We played some more. She micro-napped. She ate lunch at noon. Then, we played a bit before she fell asleep in my arms and we napped on green chair.

We got up at 3, and she had her bottle right on schedule at 3:30. Then, we played some more until she tired out around 5:30. She slept in her swing while I rocked her. I can sit there all day and watch her. She's so precious when she sits there watching you and then slowly falls asleep. She woke at 6:30 right when Mr. mouse came home, had dinner at 7 and then we went out for dinner - P and two unicorns.

What is play? Play is reading books together, playing "who's got your face" with a pink towel (our version of peekaboo), gnawing on all toys, flying in the air like an airplane, tickling her belly with kisses, flash cards, and sitting together and talking.

And, now, it's Wednesday and we're back to work.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: