Monday, December 21, 2009

12.21.09: Amazon, My New Best Friend

Dear Friends and Family,

One of my friends decided to rescue me and go to the Barry Manilow concert with Mr. mouse. I love friends willing to rescue me from Barry Manilow. The world should be filled with friends willing to rescue me from Barry Manilow. There cannot be enough... okay... okay... Mr. mouse got to see Barry Manilow. I got to spend the evening at home with P. Life is good.

Saturday, we met up with a friend I used to work with and her little toddler. It was good to catch up and compare notes on reflux babies. She's got the impossible eater who's a normal weight. We've got the chug-a-lugger who's also normal, but tiny.

Sunday, we gave P a bath. And, although she wasn't happy, she wasn't miserable either. I don't know what changed, but I'll take it. P's also begun consonants to Mr. mouse's joy. And, she continues to practice pulling up and crawling. On another milestone, she's pretty much outgrown green pillow. She's big enough to go without it if we're in the car, and, at home, we just lie down together now. It'll be sad retiring green pillow for good.

Sunday afternoon, we went to the aquarium. The new membership got all of us in for free, and P got her first entrance bracelet to commemorate the occasion. For old times sake, we ate popcorn with her by the Caribbean Reef where we sat down timing contractions the day before she was born.

Sunday night, Tex Mex followed by tree trimming. Finally. It's one of the things on our to do list that got pushed back. Once we get the gates up, we'll have most of the big things done before we begin the big push to get ready for our party.


Cheers!
mouse

PS: Amazon. Saturday, we went to pick up packages and our Amazon package was missing. P's first Christmas present was missing. Not cool. And, UPS was so not helpful. Loaded for bear, I began the 1-800-someone'd-better-help-me-now-or-so-help-me-god calls. And, Amazon was amazing helpful. Yes, they began the claims process and the search process. But, why ruin a customer's Christmas in the interim? They mailed a second batch of books second day so that we'll get it in time for Christmas. Now, that's smart customer service.

No comments: