Thursday, December 10, 2009

P Updates

Dear Friends and Family,

Yesterday, when I went to pick P up at daycare, while I was packing up her bag, she pulled herself upright. Wow. The world is a new place for P (and me).

So, last night, I was faced with the dilemma of where to sleep P until we dropped the mattress on her crib. I tried the pack and play until she was puffy in the face from crying. She finally collapsed and fell asleep. I was so proud of my achievement that I had Mr. mouse go in to see her which woke her. She's the deepest sleeper and the lightest sleeper depending upon where she is in her sleep cycle. Once he calmed her down, he took her to our bed (aka nuestra cama).

Last night, in her crying fit, she also definitively showed a pick me up move - where she opens her arms, turns towards you and pleads.

Seven months old tomorrow. It goes so quickly. There were times during the first six months when I thought about how cool it would be to have a second child - to relive the experiences we'd had so far with P. But, I've come to realize, it wouldn't be the same. It'd be a whole new person with a whole new set of experiences. And, it wouldn't be the same because it'd be Mr. mouse, P, baby and me, not just the three of us the way it is now. Just more thoughts going through my head when I'm stuck in traffic.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: