Friday, August 13, 2010

Thoughts on Another

Dear Friends and Family,

I don't think I'll have the time to finish this post this morning. And, I'm not sure where it'll lead. But, for the million and one people who think they're entitled to an opinion, truth be told you're not. And, for the thousand and one people who think this is a vote, it isn't. But, with that being said, if you feel the need to comment, I won't take it personally.

One
  • we get to spend time with P
  • we get to focus on P
  • we have room for one in the house
  • saving for college is expensive


  • the next one maybe a boy, this is a minor one compared to everything else
  • the next one may not be born perfect like P was (i.e. my eggs are getting old)
  • I could get gestational diabetes with the next one
  • I'm deathly afraid of SIDS
  • I need to lose the baby weight from P
  • I'd need to lose the baby weight from the next one
  • the next one is not a carbon copy of the first one, they couldn't be as perfect as P


  • the craziness that is breastfeeding for the first year and working at the same time
  • taking maternity leave in my current job would be tough
  • we'd be more limited in what we can do (e.g. travel, eat out)
More than One
  • we'd have "the spare"
  • P could be lonely being an only
  • there'd be someone for P to share the burden (of caring for us) with
  • perhaps this is one of those things where you can't imagine the happiness until you get there
  • (some) babies are so cute
I guess I need to think about how important each of these are. And, I need to think about other factors, perhaps the list is incomplete.

But, for now, I think I'm happy with the one I have.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: