Monday, September 12, 2011

09.12.11: More Time at Home

Dear Friends and Family,

Asked what we did this weekend, and I couldn't remember. It must be the concussion.

Even with my foursquare crutch, I needed help from Mr. mouse. Saturday, we went for bagels in the morning. Then, we took turns showering before heading out for a walk. We took P to the library and then a neighborhood market where she fell in love with the shopping cart and then to the park. We blew bubbles, kicked a ball, and ran in the playground. Then, we came home for lunch and afternoon nap.

Dinner? We tried a new pizza joint and then walked over for ice cream.

Sunday... We took our sweet time getting out of the house. Then, more bagels followed by art fair followed by macaroons at the bakery. P fell asleep at the art fair, so we had the afternoon to clean and then we capped off the evening with a supermarket run.

And, delight of delights, our kitchen island is clear again. Now, to regain the rest of the kitchen... We'll see, my to do list is beginning to grow again. It always seems like I get ahead only to fall behind. One day I will figure this out.

Oh, and football started. So, while I don't watch any games, I do watch my fantasy football stats. Looks like Ravens DST and Drew Brees will pull me through in one piece this week. Unlike other leagues, our league eliminates the lowest team each week. Then, the remaining team pick apart the spoils. It's quite vicious.

And, I have a hypothesis going. There's the theory of outliers and a magical 10,000 hour point beyond which your expertise grows non-linearly. Well, I think it applies to much of child development. And, because P has such a long commute and such helicopter parents and such good teachers at school, I think she's hitting that 10,000 hour point in verbal development and that's why we're seeing such an explosion in her verbal skills.

Well, we all hit that point sometime in our life. With her, by hitting it earlier, it gives her a chance to "move on" to other things. My job? Keeping the white lab coats away and keeping Mr. mouse from filling her head with uselessness.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: