Wednesday, September 07, 2011

When McDonald's Is a Good Idea

Dear Friends and Family,

I was leaving work yesterday, tired, hungry, frazzled. And, I made a brilliant decision with the few working neurons I had left in my head. An afternoon snack. Yes, a snack, so that I don't get home and find myself famished and eat half of the refrigerator before realizing that that was a bad idea. Brilliant. An afternoon snack.

Since I was already walking to my car, I reached into my bag for one of two granola bars I keep in there for just such an emergency. And, I pulled it out and realized a rodent had gotten to it.

Now, I realize my journal is called mouse journal. Ironically, I HATE mice. And, to have evidence of one in my bag is more than my mind can take. I think I need a new bag and a new house and a new everything. It's all mouse infested as far as I'm concerned.

Fortunately for my Weight Watchers plan, P was hungry on the way home, and after getting gas we stopped by a McDonald's. I got a hamburger for 7 points and P got a small fries. Afternoon snack problem solved.

Too bad we have a much larger rodent problem to deal with.


Cheers (or not)!
mouse

No comments: