Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Timed Approach

Dear Friends and Family,

I've realized the flexibility of Weight Watchers is more than I can handle. Sometimes, too much choice is not a good thing. It forces you to evaluate and make decisions and life is too complicated right now to do that. Plus, I just don't have time to enter all the stuff in.

So. I've been following a different plan for the past two weeks. One that doesn't require me to make many choices.

5AM. I measure out two cups of milk in the morning. I drink some with my first cup of coffee. I drink the rest with my second cup of coffee. Then, I must make it to 11AM. Add water as needed.

11AM. Time for lunch. Pack it in advance. I packed a week's worth on Sunday. Don't think about it, pack it. Then, don't think about it, eat it. This week? 5 oz rice, 2 oz random chicken from the refrigerator, 3 oz random vegetables from the refrigerator/freezer. Reset the water clock by refilling the water bottle.

2PM. Time for snack. 15 oz fruit, 1 oz almonds. Chug whatever water is left from lunch and refill. Then, I must make it until 4:30 PM. Add water as needed.

4:3PM. It's open season on food.

Once I feel like I'm ready, I'll add a 4:30 snack and then tackle dinner and post dinner. But, for now, my brain can handle this. No thinking, just doing. Maybe Nike was onto something when they were on their Just Do It kick.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: