Tuesday, November 29, 2011

December Rush

Dear Friends and Family,

It's November 29th which means there are 26 days between now and Christmas. Twenty six days to get everyone's gifts ordered. Twenty six days to do cards. Twenty six days to enjoy the tree. Twenty six days to make our photo album. Twenty six days to plan our week off between Christmas and New Years (note to self: I am fine spending those days at home with Mr. mouse and P). Twenty six days to plan the teacher's lunch. Twenty six days... How did this happen?

The question I should be asking is not how long is the list, but how can we simplify the list? Does everything have to happen in the next twenty six days? Call me a grinch, but we-all seem to make it more complicated than it needs to be in the "spirit of the holidays," which, when you really think about it, aren't really about any of what I wrote about up there.

In my perfect world, I wouldn't buy presents for anyone besides P. We would decorate the tree. We would make a handful of cards together. We would spend the week at the park, at the zoo, at the aquarium, at museums and at home. We would go to every store in town with a cart with a car in front and we'd play all day.

And, then, it'd be January, and I'd emerge from my cave of isolationism and be none the worse for the wear.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: