Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Retirement Review

Dear Friends and Family,

No worries. We're alive and I haven't abandoned my journal.

We went... on... vacation!

But, I'm not going to try and write about that today because I have close to a dozen posts in mind that I need to organize.

So, instead, since it's the last day of the month, I'll do a retirement review.

Needless to say, October was a good month for the mouse retirement fund almost erasing the dismal performance of sad September. More than just erasing a month of bad news, it shows a reversal of trend. Instead of decreasing each month, and more disturbingly, decreasing at an increasing rate, October was a sign that it is worth it to keep investing. There will be times where it's tough to stomach, but, with retirement being a long term strategy, retirement planning is a long term exercise as well.

The retirement range? Now it's between January 2019 and January 2023.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: