Wednesday, February 06, 2013

And, How It All Played Out

Dear Friends and Family,

I was giving this a lot more thought on my drive into work. And, in the end, it all played out the way I thought it would.

My project it too high profile to kill without a lot of discussion. I think my former boss thought on Monday night that killing it was the path of least resistance. Or my new boss misinterpreted my former boss. I'm not sure which. Honestly.

BTW, my new boss works for my former boss so this is all tangled up.

Anyway, two of my close business partners have an almost direct dial line to the CEO. And, when we told the first, he looked numb and panicky and threatened/promised (depending upon your point of view) to call the CEO. I scheduled my second meeting for the afternoon to see how the first one meeting played out.

As promised, he wrote the CEO. And, by lunch my former boss' boss called me into his office to tell me I'm not to cancel my project. I called my former boss to confirm that he was on the same page. And, he said, do not cancel your project. I checked with my new boss, and he said the same thing.

So, I cancelled my afternoon meeting since I didn't need it. We went through a lot of u-turns, and we landed essentially where we started. My project is back on. And, I have confirmation my business partners value the work I do.

I can't say the drama was fun. I feel a lot more cynical now than I did two days ago. I'm looking forward to my week off next week.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: