Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Wanting Time Off

Dear Friends and Family,

I wish I could have some time off.

I want to sleep. I want to spend some time exercising. I want to have time to cook. I want to organize the house. I want to do my taxes.

On Sunday, we went to church. I'm not sure what the homily meant for a lot of people, but for me, I took away a question I need to ask myself.

What are my priorities?

And, nowhere in my current list is my current work. In a top 3, it wouldn't make the cut. In a top 5, I still don't think it'd make the cut. In a top 10, it may be in there somewhere only because I don't think I have 10 things I'm actively working against.

That should speak volumes.

Yet, I continue to work. I'm committed to working through September (at a minimum) to save a little more for retirement. If P gets into school, I want to take time off and focus on my idea. If P doesn't get into school, I'm not sure what I'll do.

I may keep my job until we figure out what to do about her school. If it involves buying another house to move to a good school district, I may keep my job until we figure that out since applying for a mortgage is easier with two incomes. I'm also thinking about my idea. I want to keep my job until it's break even in case I need funds from work for my idea.

It's all so complicated. I think, in the end, I need some time off. But, I also recognize spending a little more time plugging away at work isn't a bad idea. I'm not quite ready to leave yet. I don't think. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Off to get ready for work.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: