Monday, March 25, 2013

03.25.13: Budget Weekend

Dear Friends and Family,

I explained our budget to P so she was very diligent this weekend about spending money. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about her parents.

I thought the weekend would be flush with cash after the belt tightening of the weekday. Alas, after we paid for the gas bill, my haircut, the house cleaning, the dry cleaning, and the groceries, we were in the hole for the weekend. This highlights how lax we've gotten with our spending. Because, pre-budget, we would have thought nothing of going out for a meal or two and doing something with P on both days.

I guess I need to be cognizant of having haircut and house cleaning on the same weekend. And, the gas bill will hopefully go down once we have some decent weather. This week will be impossible if I get jury duty. Or rather it will be impossible if I get jury duty and Mr. mouse rents a car to do drop off. We'll see what we decide once I call tonight to see if I need to show up. Looks like driving will take 20 minutes, public transportation will take an hour and 20 minutes. But, mass transit is "free" since I'm merely swapping with Mr. mouse whereas renting a car is definitely not free.

The rest of the weekend was fun. Saturday, Mr. mouse took P to the art museum (free) and we went to the park on Sunday (also free). The highlight of the weekend was Sunday night when P and I pretended we were in an auto race. We raced. We stood and made Mr. mouse sing the respective anthems. We sprinkled each other with pretend champagne. We stood for our photos. We sat for our press conference and made Mr. mouse ask us questions. For our last round, P used her baseball helmet for a racing helmet and offered me her baby doll's knit cap for a racing helmet.

I can only imagine what the pictures will look like.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: