Thursday, March 07, 2013

School Decision Letter Update

Dear Mr. mouse and Mrs. mouse,

The Admission Committee has reviewed P's application, and I am pleased to extend an offer of enrollment into our junior kindergarten (AM) for the 2013-2014 school year.

!!!

Yes. After six torturous months of school tours, recommendations, essays, interviews and play dates, not to mention financial aid forms, we got news. And, to top it off, we got into the first school we heard back from. Life couldn't be better.

I still believe admission is not a yardstick by which we should judge our children. I love P the same. I have the same faith in P's capabilities. This is more about education options and choices we make about where we live.

I am glad we do not have to contemplate a move to the suburbs in the next year. The public schools in our neighborhood is okay, but it's nothing to write home about.

I'm just glad. If seven rejections follow, I'll still be glad.

What started as a tree of 480 options close to a year ago has resolved itself into two options. The only variable left is when I leave my current work.

I know where P will do (did at this point) her three year old program. I know where P will do her four year old program. I know that means we don't have to look for a five year old program. I know that the school she attends is now open to the community so if I get fired she can still finish her three year old program there. I know so much more than I did a year ago. It was a painful year of uncertainty, but we made it through as a team. We are blessed.

Simplicity is a lovely thing.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: