Friday, March 29, 2013

Sad Mouse

Dear Friends and Family,

Woe is me.

March is gone. The weather has been crappy. I don't enjoy work. I'm on a million and one medicines for my ear. My thyroid is back out of whack. My budget experiment has been an abysmal failure. And, I just got a crappy letter from a company that reminds me I really didn't make the progress I've wanted to on my idea.

On a positive note, our retirement account did well, hard not to with stock indexes hitting record highs. Still, I guess I need to focus on the positive.

I still have decent health, although it could be better, it could be a lot worse. Mr. mouse and P have excellent health. We're both still gainfully employed. I love my family. My family loves me. We have a roof over our heads and an emergency fund for emergencies. It's Friday.

Perhaps, I need to think about this in chunkable pieces.
  1. I will take my medicine for my ear. I will assess how it is doing when I finish my course of medicine. Outside of that, it is not currently in my control.
  2. I do not control time or weather. Outside of my control.
  3. My thyroid is out of whack. I will take medicine. I will take vitamins. I will adopt a dairy free lifestyle. I will eat TUMS instead for calcium.
  4. I will see if we can make progress this weekend on our budget. If I make it through today, which I should, then I will be able to see if we can make ground this weekend. We ended last weekend $257 in the hole. Realistically, I will try to end this weekend only $180 in the hole.
  5. I will call the company I got the crappy letter from and see what my options are. I don't want to pay $205 and then have my policy cancel on May 1 if I don't make the progress I need to make in April. I don't think they want to either. So, I'll call and see what my options are.
  6. Work. What to do about work. Ideally, I'd like to work through September when P starts school. That means five more months. The months fly quickly. Still, I don't enjoy work. This one I need to think about. But, given all of the above, I'm not going to think about it now. I'm going to at least wait until after my ear clears up.
So, my top three for today. My ear. My budget. The phone call.

Okay. I feel marginally better. The house is a disaster, but I feel marginally better.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: