Monday, June 17, 2013

06.17.13: Mad at Mr. mouse

Dear Friends and Family,

We had a good day Saturday. We had house cleaning in the morning. We drove out to the suburbs in the afternoon. We used a groupon for some pizza. We played at a park. We went to a friend's house for an evening party. We drove home.

We had a miserable day Sunday. We went to church. I twisted my ankle. Mr. mouse got mad. I got more mad.

From my perspective, he's being completely unreasonable. I didn't do it on purpose. Getting mad isn't going to untwist my ankle. It's not going to "ruin" our summer. And, even if it was, is that an excuse to act the way he's acting? No.

He's taught P some pretty awful lessons. Like, not keeping pace with someone who's injured. Like, not asking if someone's okay. Like, not trying to help when someone gets hurt. Like, getting angry over accidents. I could go on for a good long time with this list if you let me, but I won't.

Suffice it to say, I'm mad at Mr. mouse. And, I'm going to stay mad for a good long time.

Happy Father's Day to all the deserving father's out there. Too bad, we don't have one in the house.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: