Thursday, June 27, 2013

9 AM, F5, F5, F5

Dear Friends and Family,

I'll admit it. Yesterday morning, I was anxiously awaiting the SCOTUS opinions.

Really? Really.

I wanted to know if the country was headed in a direction I agreed with or if I would be disappointed in the direction. Fortunately, I was happy, not thrilled, but happy.

I wonder if a point will come in the future when we can't imagine life today, when we can't imagine going back. I think a right is truly ingrained when we take it for granted. We move on because it's a non-issue. I'm not thrilled beyond belief every time Mr. mouse and I go to vote and I exercise my right to vote. I'm not thrilled beyond belief that I can speak my mind and write my mind and not worry about the recriminations. I'm not thrilled beyond belief that I can choose my church or choose no church. I take those rights, frankly, for granted.

I hope, one day in the future, I will be thrilled beyond belief. Then, I hope, one day in the future, I'll take it so for granted, I won't be thrilled. And, when that day comes, will be the day marriage equality has truly arrived for me. Is that odd?


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: