Friday, August 01, 2014

$22, Hooray!

Dear Friends and Family,

We did it! We actually made it to the end of July. And, cumulatively, we were $22 over on our budget for the month. Granted, we were over. But, still, in my mind, we did it! Compared to our spending the past six months, it's a giant step function improvement. I'm actually looking forward to our bills coming in August, because they won't bring on that depressing, we're out of control, how are we going to ever pay this, sort of feeling.

Well, we start off August today, I'm hoping we can continue the trend. August will be tougher. We need to buy clothes and shoes for P. But, instead of buying it all at once, I think we'll buy it in phases.

P needs:
  1. 3-4 pairs of pants
  2. 3-4 pairs of jeans
  3. 2-3 tops
  4. 1-2 sweaters
  5. winter jacket, maybe
  6. snow pants, definitely
  7. hat and gloves/mittens
  8. a scarf which I promised to knit for her
  9. boots
  10. 3 pairs of shoes
I think that captures it. I'll need to figure out how to break this down into manageable chunks. Definitely buying in phases.

For now, I'll savor the feeling of being on budget.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: