Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Day at the Park

Dear Friends and Family,

We stole a few magical moments in the park yesterday morning before the rains came in. P and I played fairy princess which I rarely let her play. She fashioned a wand for herself by tying a leaf around a twig. I picked a larger twig with a fork in it.

We found a quiet corner in the tree house playground and played fairy princess. How do you play fairy princess?

Well, this time, we did a lot of food things. I'd put a spell on her, "magic wand, magic wand, make P like asparagus." And then I'd ask her what she wants for lunch and P would reply, "asparagus." I'd pretend to make something out of asparagus and offer it to her. She'd gobble it up. And then I'd say, "wow, P really likes asparagus." We did it over and over again.

P also had a kitten named good good who had a kitten named nice nice who had a kitten named nice good. The three kittens liked lemon mint tarts so we needed to make them for the kittens. We went shopping and cooked them up.

We discovered we had two approaches with the alligators in the water. P would put them to sleep to cross the water. I'd feed them cheeseburgers to distract them. After a couple of times crossing the water with awake, but distracted alligators, P was okay with the cheeseburgers.

And, we played on the slide. P would cast a spell on me to make me go down the slide. I'd declare, "I feel like going down a slide right now." And then, to her giggles, I'd come down the slide.

We wrapped up the park visit with multiple trips to the pretend doctor for pretend stitches. And, we made a run for the car right before the big rain hit.

We spent the afternoon organizing shoes because that's what P wanted to do. Then, she napped. And, that was our day yesterday.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: