Monday, February 23, 2015

02.23.15: End of February

Dear Friends and Family,

I won't focus on Saturday night because Saturday night did not go well. Instead, I'll focus on Sunday because Sunday was a lot of fun. We went to church on Sunday morning and heard an inspirational talk about life in general. In essence, the speaker told us that life will be full of challenges and that we need to be brave enough to face those challenges. After Saturday, I certainly did feel like life was full of challenges and I didn't even know where to begin.

But, in a zen moment, I decided to empty my mind and see if I could be more mindful. And, that's when I realized that I need to be strong. I need to be honest about who I am and stand up for what I believe in. And, that made me feel better.

We went to lunch after church and P had an abysmal lunch. She's had a terrible run with eating lately - easily distracted, picky about her food, annoyed with noise, you name it, she's used it as an excuse. So, meal times have been torture for us. And, instead of fighting it anymore, we decided to take away dress up day until the situation improves. This morning, we put together a chart and she needs to earn 10 stickers in the next 13 meals to earn dress up day back. So far she's earned one sticker. Hooray!

After our abysmal lunch and after lunch meltdown we went to a friend's birthday party. It was P's first time ice skating and we were ready for a meltdown, but she did surprisingly well and enjoyed herself. I guess we'll have to go again some time.

I napped the rest of the day, but P played with my mom and enjoyed the afternoon. And now it's Monday. Time to get some work done.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: