Thursday, February 05, 2015

New Day Same Spot

Dear Friends and Family,

I'll admit it. I'm not in a good spot.

Last night, P texted Mr. mouse to say good night and we received no text back. This morning, I checked the phone, and still no text back. Combined with his travel right near the holidays and a large cash withdrawal on that trip and our disagreement over this week's travel and his focus on the grapes, I'm almost inclined to believe he's having an affair.

Do I really believe he's having an affair? No, not really.

But, I do know something. I always thought of Mr. mouse as my best friend. But, I think somehow in the chaos that is our lives, sometimes I feel like that's no longer true. I think that's why it's sometimes hard to find a happy spot. I have lots of friends. But, I don't have my best friend.

How to fix the situation? I honestly don't know where to begin. We have time alone together now since P goes to bed early. But, sometimes Mr. mouse falls asleep with P and sometimes we have errands and chores and sometimes we just do our own thing and sometimes I turn in early.

I don't know how to fix the situation. And, that means I'll probably be in the same spot tomorrow that I'm in today. Time to put on a brave face and whistle a happy tune.


Cheers!
mouse

PS: I know why Mr. mouse didn't text last night. It's because we wrote to say we were going to sleep and he didn't want to risk waking us. We had that debacle on a prior trip. At least that's what I think it is. Caffeine = good.

No comments: