Friday, May 13, 2016

Being a Mom

Dear Journal,

I had a sad dream a couple of weeks ago. P and I were at some screening point and we were getting ready to go to some destination that had restrictions on what you can bring. But, in my dream, the restrictions didn't make a lot of sense. So, lots of people packed lots of things that weren't allowed and they had to go through each of our bags one at a time taking out the things that weren't allowed. The person in front of me had all sorts of stuff and her inspector was letting all sorts of stuff go that shouldn't have been allowed.

Well, she took so long, I missed the bus so P went off without me. And, I was stuck worrying about P since I wasn't there to watch over her. And, I was stuck wanting to be with her. And, I saw the pile of stuff that got pulled from P's bag. And, it looked like she had a super strict inspector who pulled all sorts of stuff from her bag. A lot of it was innocent stuff that she just couldn't explain to the inspector since she was the youngest one on the tour. And, I was sad for P that I didn't get to say goodbye.

But, in my dream, I realized she would be okay. She's resilient and resourceful and generally inclined to happiness and optimism. And, I woke up feeling sad and anxious and happy at the same time. I guess that's what being a mom is about.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: