Thursday, May 19, 2016

Why I Think We Could Have a President Trump in November

Dear Journal,

It scares me to no end, but I do believe there's a better than even chance that come election night in November Trump is going to win and we're going to wondering how we got here.

First, there's the Republican party loyalists who are angry at the world after 8 years of an Obama presidency. They're going to go out and vote for whoever the Republican nominee is regardless.

Then, there's a world full of closet racists who have a bone to pick with the world because they don't like <insert pet peeve group here> and want a president who's going to do something about it.

Then, there's a world full of closet sexists who for whatever reason don't want a woman in the White House. Yep, in their heart of hearts they can justify why the presidency is a man's job.

That takes care of all of the people with an agenda.

Then, there's the "anybody but Hillary" people who will either vote for Trump or will stay home. Same difference.

And, last but not least, there's the angry people who want a political revolution and if they can't have Sanders will vote for Trump.

Put it all together and you can see why I'm scared. I'll vote. But, I'm not confident I'll be happy with the way things turn out.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: