Monday, September 21, 2009

09.21.09: P and Great Grandma

Dear Friends and Family,

After all my griping, I'm glad we went home.

I'm not sure my grandma recognized either Mr. mouse or me, but when she said baby, my heart broke. We got to the hospital shortly after lunch. My mom fed my grandmother while I fed P. Then, we spent some time talking to my grandmother, but with little response.

Mr. mouse fed my grandmother after my mom was done. And, with his patience, he got her to eat almost three quarters of her lunch. He's amazing.

Around 3, when it was time for P's bottle, she started crying. We decided to let her fuss and brought her over to my grandmother who heard her cries and opened her eyes and said baby. Then, she said the Korean equivalent of oh my. Then, she asked if it was a boy or a girl. She patted P and tried to hold her close to her. Then, she told me her lower back hurt from lying in one spot, so we moved her to make her more comfortable and she fell back asleep.

It wasn't a long visit. And, it was sad to see her so weak. But, to see her interact with P. It was worth it. I'm not sure how seeing her earlier would have been since it's only recently that P would have been capable of interacting.

We called yesterday and my mom said my grandma's not doing as well as she was on Saturday. She hadn't eaten much yesterday. I'm not sure how much of that is chance and how much of that is that Mr. mouse is so patient. I want to believe the former, but I can't help believing a tiny bit of the latter. I just want her to eat so she can regain her strength and get better.

In contrast, Sunday, we stayed in the neighborhood all day. We slept in and ate a simple lunch while P was napping. We hit the farmer's market, the bakery and the baby store. P and I napped while Mr. mouse took care of the house. We ate dinner and everyone turned in early last night.


Cheers!
mouse

1 comment:

Trixie said...

thinking of you and your family. i'm so glad you went to visit and that your grandma got a little dose of P. it sounds like a magical moment indeed. take care girl. xoxo