Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Faith

Dear Friends and Family,

Sometimes you have to have faith - faith that things happen for a reason, faith that things will work out, faith that the future will be a better place than the present. And, for some reason, despite all life has thrown at me, I still have faith.

Yesterday, Mr. mouse got some pretty bad news on the job front. The position he had been hoping for got filled and it wasn't with his name. I think he'll continue looking both internally and externally as he weighs his options. I think I'll continue plugging away at work as all of this plays out.

You can't predict the future.

I remember there was a job I hated. Hated as in could not bear it hated. And, I was ready to quit. And, my friend convinced me to wait one more day, just one day he said. And, I did. And, the next day was Tuesday and I had a dentist appointment and I was headed into work late and heard on the radio that a plane hit the World Trade Center. I assumed it was a private plane that clipped the antenna. Well, I quickly learned otherwise. And, the world hasn't been the same since.

Needless to say, I didn't give my resignation that day. And, I learned it's not over until it's over. And, when it's over, it might be completely different from what you thought it was going to be.

I have faith that this will be less dramatic but equally fine.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: