Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Toddler Conversations

Dear Friends and Family,

Sometimes it's tough to remember that P is only 18 months old. After all, she's communicating so much and understands so much.

When I asked if she wanted her coat off for the car ride home, she said yes. Then, she knew to wait while I buckled her into her safety seat. Then, I asked if she wanted her shoes off, and she said yes. Then, I pulled her socks partially off so she can pull at them on the ride home. Then, she knew to wait while I got her bottle out. She said please. And, we were on our way. She signaled for diaper. And, she asked for milk when she was done and got annoyed when I said no more.

We went to pick up Mr. mouse and she said Daddy when she saw him in the mirror. And, then started to whine until I asked if she wanted potato at which point she gave the snack signal. We stopped by the golden arches and continued on the way home. She signaled done with the potatoes and asked for a drink. And, she signaled diaper again, probably wondering why we weren't changing her.

And, when we got home she signaled a third time, and lo and behold, she was right. Diaper.

Granted this is not philosophical musings, but it's tough to remember that P is only 18 months old when she's so good at telling us what's on her mind. When she melts down, I'm like stop crying and just tell us what you want. Then, I remember she's only 18 months old and toddlers don't have all the words to tell us what they want.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: