Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Collateral Weight Loss

Dear Friends and Family,

Ah. A couple of minutes to write before heading into the shower.

The weekend? It was a mess. It rained. It was cold. It was windy. We stayed inside and built a giant structure of balls and funnels and ramps to play with. We got in fall pictures, barely. We did a little shopping (food, clothes, and shoes). We called it a day.

I'm still waiting on test results from my doctor's appointment last Friday. I hope they come back normal. I've been seafood free, caffeine free, and mostly dairy free for the past three weeks now and I'm beginning to feel better. I can sleep through the night. I've found a solution for the sushi restaurant when we go out that doesn't result in fried tempura and rice. My hands don't tremble as much.

Confession: I still eat an occasional meal of pizza.

The interesting thing is that I've dropped about four pounds in the process. It's concerning since rapid weight loss is a symptom of hyperthyroidism, but it's not concerning yet because it's only four pounds, not twenty, and I don't have any of the other symptoms yet.

So, if you want to lose five pounds, subsist on a diet of cafe au lait, diet coke, Greek yogurt, sushi, and stress. When you can't sleep at night and you get a bad case of the shakes, abruptly remove all of the above from your life. Voila, you'll be five pounds lighter in no time.

I'm sure there are easier ways to lose five pounds. But, hey, who's going to complain about incidental collateral weight loss? Not this mouse.


Cheers!
mouse

No comments: